Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation Rule

Emna Elleuch February 14, 2023

I would like to create a new Automation Rule: the Story will be closed (Status Done) when all Dev/QA Stories linked to that story are closed.

is it possible to create this rule?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Simon König
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2023

Hi,

it should be possible to make a rule to transition Issues if the status of a Dev/QA changes to "Done". You can restrict this transition via an Linked Issue condition OR you can restrict the transition in general via a Transition-Condition that checks if all linked Issues (ingoing) are in Status "done". I think JMWE has a condition like that.

This could be a simple Rule:

Rule.PNG

In this case, the transition for your Story should have a condition to only work, if all linked issues are in status "done".

Simon König
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2023

Have not tried this rule, but it could look something like that:Rule.PNG

The "Linked issues match" is set to "match specific JQL", which containts a "status=done" statement

Like # people like this
Evn Tomeny (Appfire)
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 14, 2023

You could also replace "status=done" with "resolution is not empty" to account for workflows with different final status names.

Like Emna Elleuch likes this
Emna Elleuch February 17, 2023

Thanks a lot for your help , I've tried with your recommendations and it works fine for me :) 

have a wonderful Day thanks again !!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events