Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation - Resolved > Closed after 3 BUSINESS DAYS

David Meredith December 24, 2021

Hi there,

We have a need to move a ticket from Resolved to Closed after 3 business days if there has been no updates to the ticket.

I can easily have an automation rule that closes after 3 days but if a user has something resolved on a Friday, this includes Saturday, Sunday and potentially a Bank Holiday Monday where they would have no opportunity to update / reopen prior to the automated closure kicks in.

Is there a way to do this in JSM without addons?

Thanks in advance! Merry Christmas :)

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted

Never mind. The new schedule trigger allows you to ignore days of the week anyway so this sort of suits my needs.

Still, the SLA functionality can technically do this so it'd be nice to see functionality that's able to specify what the business days are and calculate the amount of business days since x.

3 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 24, 2021

Hi @David Meredith

You can use jira automation. Check this post: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management-articles/JSM-Jira-Automation-How-to-Send-SLA-Breached-Notifications/ba-p/1894625

You can add a status change action to transition and an edit action to set the resolution.

Cheers 

Hey @Fabian Lim ,

I don't think this would work in our use case. We pause the SLA on Resolved and then have the stop condition on moving to Closed.

So the time before breach etc won't ever change to trigger the actions I wanted. Unless I had a separate SLA for just recording business time but this seems a bit of a waste.

The improved scheduled trigger is working find for what I needed now.

Merry Christmas!
Dave

Like Fabian Lim likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events