Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation Lookup Issues Index With Branching

G_Taylor April 6, 2023

I am trying to trigger a review of our service request queue whenever a new issue is transitioned into our queue (status "Open")

I am trying to get a list of all the Open issues => Order them by a custom field (which is a numeric score) => iterate through this list and modify each accordingly.

Lookup issues lists have an {{index}} available to them, however when I try to access each item in the Lookup issues and access them through the {{thisIssue}} smart variable I am unable to access the {{index}} of this item within the Lookup Issues list. I can access all other issue fields e.g. {{thisIssue.summary}}, {{thisIssue.description}} etc. just not the index. We will need this value to assign a queue position.

I'm not sure why this value can't be reached.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. If we can't access this value through automation we will have to look at exporting the full list and pulling the queue number externally.

Screenshot 2023-04-06 095713.png

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2023

Hello @G_Taylor 

Welcome to the Atlassian community!

I'm familiar with Lookup Issues, but not with the idea that there is an index attribute you can access. Where did you get that information? It would be helpful to us to see the reference material you are using.

Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2023

Furthermore questions adding to @Trudy Claspill

Would you like to iterste over the lookupIssues list? then you would need to add this in your branch. What should the thisIssue do? I don‘t know any smart value/terminology that is called like this.

Best
Stefan

G_Taylor April 11, 2023

Thanks both for the replies.

The index value is a property of lists as shown in the Jira smart values documentation.

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-lists/

Screenshot 2023-04-11 080211.png

When I iterate through the lookup issues and pull the indexes, for example writing them to an email, this works fine. however when I use a 'For each' branch and then try to access the index of each item through the variable 'thisIssue' it doesn't work. 

The intention is to use this index value to edit a field within the issue which will contain the queue position of the issue.

From what I can see this doesn't seem possible.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events