Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation Help!

Ben Weisman March 22, 2022

Hi all,

Desperately seeking help related to the devops automations. I am trying to create automations where when PRs are created and then merged we're moving the tasks associated along the workflow.

Seems simple enough but my question is: will the automation ONLY move the tasks associated to the PR?  I would think this to be the case but wanted to make sure because it doesn't specifically state it. I don't want to accidentally move EVERYTHING.

2 answers

0 votes
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2022

Hi @Ben Weisman - I know you mentioned me for this one on another question. Unfortunately, DevOps automations are not in my wheelhouse just yet (I don't even have a Bitbucket sandbox to play in)

Ben Weisman March 24, 2022

Ok, no worries. Thanks.

0 votes
Boyan Angelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2022

Hi Ben,

I don't think you should be using Jira Automation for this. Looks like your best option is to use Workflow Triggers as explained here:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-workflow-triggers/

Cheers,

Boyan

Ben Weisman March 22, 2022

The DevOps automations are used for this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events