Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation Help: Auto close trigger issue when clone is closed

Ben Weisman February 28, 2022

Hello,

I have an automation running that clones a ticket when a component is chosen. The clone then becomes the ticket to be completed.

I am wondering if there's an automation that once the cloned ticket is completed, the original trigger issue ticket is automatically closed as well.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 28, 2022

Hi @Ben Weisman ,

As far as I got your requirement correctly the following automation rule should behave as expected:

image.png

Looking forward to your feedback.

Best
Stefan

Ben Weisman March 1, 2022

Thanks @Stefan Salzl . One question. I only want this to happen if the original issue is a couple of specific projects. To achieve this, I would just add a condition like I attached here? Screenshot 2022-03-01 133831.png

Like Stefan Salzl likes this
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2022

exactly 💪🏼 you nailed it 😉

Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 1, 2022

ooooh....one thing:

be aware that the rule has then to be configured as multi-project or global rule 👍🏼

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events