You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
I'm currently struggling with an automated rule, which I'm not 100% sure can be achieved, but here's my case:
1. for Bug issue type, I use a custom field called "Bug Description"
2. for Story issue type, I use a different custom field called "Story Description"
Now when I change a Bug to a Story and viceversa, I would like to automatically copy the description from "Bug Description" to "Story Description" and the other way around.
The reason we use separate custom fields is because we want to have different templates for each issue type.
I haven't been able to succed in my task at all :( - do you have any recommendations?
I attached below one of the rules I'm trying to figure out (I only use logging for "debugging" purposes)
A couple of questions:
Thanks a lot for getting back to me :D
1. via edit, it's easier than using the "move" functionality
2. yes, the rule gets triggered on every issue type change
3. this is where I'm stuck. all conditions seem to successfully pass and when I look in the Audit log section, it says "Issues edited successfully". However, the copy action from one field to another does not perform, so I can only assume my problem is on the last step where I want to copy from "Bug Description" to "User Story/Task Description"
It's a bit strange, since I don't get to see any errors
Thanks for clarifying.
The only thing I can think about right now is whether the fields are on the view screen of both issue types.
I assume Bug Description is not on the view screen of Stories? That can be the reason why it can not access that field once it has already been changed.
To be sure: try adding an audit log task that logs the value of Bug Description. That way you will see if it can access the value of the field.