Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically fill in Custom field

František Vůjtek August 4, 2022

Hello there. I have an question.

How effectively can i make this automation?

I have custom fields (checkboxes) with the list of branches, which are similar to this:

Checkboxes:
- example.cz
- example2.hu
- example3.de

And i want to check the checkboxes based on that which person has created the issue with the e-mail adress. for example:

Roger.federer@example2.hu has created a ticket, and based on that i want to automatically fill the custom field checkboxes that this ticket has been created from HU branch, so it will check the checkbox with example2.hu.

Is it possible? We also have the possibility use the make.com / integromat application for that, but i wasnt able to make that. Do you have any suggestions for this solution?

Thanks for you replies!

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Sue Wilson August 4, 2022

Good morning, @František Vůjtek 

If you are looking to check one of the boxes based on a single user, the automation is pretty straight forward using Reporter equals, Edit Issue.

If there are multiple users that result in one of the checkboxes being checked, you can adjust Reporter to "is one of" and select all users that would result in checking the specific box.  

To use the same automation for each check box, instead of the "Issue Fields Condition", you could use the "If/Else Block" to look at if Reporter A, check A, ELSE IF Reporter B, check B, etc. until you have accounted for all reporter/check box combinations.

automation.PNG

I hope this helps.

Hi, thank you for your reply, but i want to check the checkbox example2.hu if the email domain of the user is from example2.hu 

So for example, the ticket has been raised by andrea.zejdova@rohlik.cz, i want to use the domain of the email of the reporter and it will automatically fill check the box with the correct domain.image.png

Sue Wilson August 4, 2022

My apologies.  I misunderstood, assuming the person, not email domain. 

To parse the domain, then check the appropriate check box, you could try the following using the "If/Else Block" to check each appropriate box based on the domain parsed in each condition.

automation3.PNG

OH! I used Equals and it works! Thank you so much!

Like Sue Wilson likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events