Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically create and send reports.

Rafael Santos October 31, 2022

Hello everybody.

I would like to ask a question about automatic reporting.

I previously used an ITSM called Autotask, where:

- I had a report generator, where I could create my queries and even define the report layout, allowing me to issue this report at any time.
- In addition, I had the possibility to schedule the execution of these reports, defining to which email accounts it would send the report.

Example:

I created a table-type report, indicating the tickets closed the day before, listing the ticket number, customer, attendant, service time, SLA, etc... And I set this report to run at 00:01 and sent to Service Desk managers.

In JSM is there any function or plugin that brings us this functionality?

Thanks.

1 answer

1 vote
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2022

Hi @Rafael Santos 

JSM projects comes with ITSM specific reports and there are lot of other reports that you can create using native Jira reports and dashboards. Natively these reports (charts etc) are not sent to other people as attachments but you can create filters and subscribe to them to send regular emails with list of issues (tickets).

There are plenty of reporting apps. My favourite is eazyBI which I highly recommend.

I would say start by exploring the native reporting capabilities before trying an app.

Ravi

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2022

another option is to use the free Excel/Sheets extension. Sheets allows for scheduled JQL queries. You could have it auto created charts and send reports with a bit of work.

Rafael Santos November 1, 2022

Hello Jack.

Regarding your suggestion, can you guide me how it is possible to schedule JQL Queries using Excel Extension?

Tks.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2022

Hi @Rafael Santos , I have not done this myself as I generally use Excel and haven't had the need. With that said, I have always wanted to try it out and if I have time today may try to figure it out. My understanding is that the ability to schedule the query to run is there in Sheets but not Excel. There are some posts in the community that discussed this and that is what I would use to try to figure out the details.

I will take a moment to share the following post with you. It doesn't refer to the scheduling aspect, but does discuss the overall feature which is good information. I know the Excel it is quite easy to save your filter and reuse it.

Try-the-new-Jira-Cloud-add-on-for-Google-Sheets 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 1, 2022

A quick search turned up this post which might get you started...

Automated-reports 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events