cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic status change when changing a specific assignment group

Patrick Borchert April 5, 2023

Hello all,

I was just asked a question.
We are working with Jira (in the cloud).
A user would like that when he changes the assignment group the status changes back to new automatically.
In fact, it should only go from one specific assignment group to another specific assignment group.
Likewise, only one person should be allowed to do it.

My idea was to solve the requirement with an automation.
I just can't find an option to select the appropriate assignment group.

Do you have any ideas? Or an approach of a solution?

That would be great :slight_smile:
Thanks a lot

2 answers

0 votes
Patrick Borchert May 11, 2023

Thank you very much for your help.
I was able to solve the issue with an automation in the meantime.

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2023

@Patrick Borchert it would be great if you could post here your solution. That would help other people in the community who face the same problem as you.

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2023

Hello @Patrick Borchert 

Is "assignment group" a custom field that your Jira Administrators have added to your instance/project?

Are you a Project Administrator for the project, or a Jira Administrator? You will need to be one of those to create an Automation Rule.

When you say "only one person should be allowed to do it" do you mean on one person should be allowed to change the Assignment Group? Or do you mean the change of status back to New should happen only when one specific person changes the Assignment Group value?

How does "it should only go from one specific assignment group to another specific assignment group" factor in? Do you mean the change of status to New should happen only if Assignment Group changes from value1 to value2?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events