Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic assignment according to task creation times

Alexandra O August 9, 2022

I am exploring the automations and I would like to ask you if it is possible to create a rule so that, for example, the automatic assignment by schedules to specific users is taken into account.

I have been using advanced comparison but the configuration does not work. Maybe someone has done something similar or knows of some documentation or video that could guide me?

I understand that Jira does not register schedules users, however is it possible that if the time of creation of a new task will help us to determine which group should make the assignment?

Thank you very muchScreenshot_18.png

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2022

@Alexandra O

It looks like this question has been discussed already here.

I would review that question and see if the solutions provided there work.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2022

@Alexandra O -

You may want to consider using a JQL condition in your automation rule. The JQL will focus on issue creation date/time stamp (it is just an idea).

2022-08-09_8-51-03.png

However, this is still not ideal because created day changes.  It will be extremely difficult for you to maintain the rules.  You should also consider using the available day functions 

2022-08-09_8-56-24.png

For example - startOfWeek(), click here for more information.  For issue created in the current week -

resolved >= startOfWeek("+1d") AND resolved <= endOfWeek("+1d")

Again, auto assign issues based on Agent's schedule is not recommended because as you already stated that Jira doesn't track an agent's time schedule.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events