Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-remind people to respond to a comment on a Jira issue

Parker Lovelace May 9, 2022

I would like to use an automation to send people a slack message when they have not responded recently (>24h?) to a Jira comment in which they are @ mentioned. I currently have several automations that send a daily or weekly messages to certain people and channels. This one seems to a bit more difficult, though. 

Here is what I have tried so far:

1. Creating a reminder in Slack via the Jira automation
    • I thought I could have the bot user (from the webhook) send a message like "/remind @John-smith respond to comment tomorrow" each time a new comment is added that mentions @John-smith 
    • This does not seem to work (I think) because you can only create those Slack reminders for yourself, sending a message to another user or channel
  2. Storing the most recent comment within a hidden field, seeing if some user is mentioned in the comment body, then sending a Slack message to that person
    • This is not working for me right now because the comment body shows @ mentioned users as "[~accountID123456]" (not simply "@john-smith")
    • So I can't simply search the most recent comment for a name, username, or "currentUser", then send a simple reminder to the right person accordingly

Maybe I am thinking about this entirely wrong? Anyone have a better solution? 

1 answer

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events