Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto assign JIRA request to different jira project based on user's input in JIRA customer portal

Ninad Desai February 6, 2023

Hi Team,

We have different JIRA Projects (Consider as JIRA project A/B/C) for different teams. I have created a jira customer portal for one of the JIRA projects. We are aiming to make this portal in such a way that, whenever users select option x (radio button)  from the customer portal -->  then Jira ticket should get routed to Jira Project A. If users select option y  from the customer portal -->  then Jira ticket should get routed to Jira Project B. 
Is this cross jira project ticket routing possible?? If yes, then can someone help me to point to right documentation of the same?

Regards,
Ninad

1 answer

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2023

Hi Ninad,

There's a couple of ways to approach this. One is to manually do a move from one project to another. There is no automation capable of doing that. 

The second is to create an automation rule that will clone the request into another project, or create a new issue from scratch in the other project. This is actually done quite often using a JSM portal project for the intake of requests. You can have the automation rule link the original request and the new ticket. Then you can keep comments and statuses in sync if you like. Or you can simply close the original ticket on receipt and only work off of the new ticket in the subsequent project. 

Ninad Desai February 6, 2023

Thanks, John for this advice and quick turnaround. I will try exploring more with this second approach mentioned

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events