Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attaching documents to a ticket, based on keywords

Dan Snell
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 4, 2024

Is it possible to automatically attach documents to a Jira ticket based on key words?

Eg, a ticket is created with a subject (or even in the body) with "Error code 1234"

Is it possible to have a keyword lookup, via Confluence?, that would attach the KB article for "error code 1234" to that ticket.

I know there is a knowledge base lookup option when creating tickets via the portal, but im more thinking along the lines of automated tickets, for when a ticket is created based on an email alert.

1 answer

1 vote
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2024

@Dan Snell -

Welcome to the community.  Unfortunately, I don't not believe it is possible via automation especially conducting search against issue summary and description fields content.  Furthermore your KB articles are simply stored in Confluence where you are accessing them via the article URLs (not the actual physical document) for attachment usage. 

Typically, when issue is created that agents will be assigned with the case, and then he/she will process the issues and provide the needed support.

However, you may want to take a look at the newly introduced feature from Atlassian "AI-powered virtual agent" which can assist your team on issue management for your customers -

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/service-management/features/itsm/virtual-agent

Hope this helps.

Sorry.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders