Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assignment on Customer reply but not on internal note

KG June 30, 2022

Greetings!

I was looking through the automation rules, and it made sense to have "unclaimed" (unassigned) tickets be assigned to the Agent or Collaborator who posts a comment.

Triggering on comment and assigning it to the user who triggered the rule, while the assignee field is empty, works great (I know I would probably need some logic to exclude non Agent/Collaborator users). However I wasn't able to find anything that would allow me to differentiate between a "reply to customer" and "internal note" comment. 

I think it makes sense for internal notes to be excluded from the auto assignment rule, but would this be possible? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Paul Krueger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2022

See if this works

if {{comment.properties."sd.public.comment".internal}} equals true...

KG July 7, 2022

Hi Paul, I'm sorry things where a bit crazy last few days and I only now got around to test this. 

The concept seems sound, thank you for pointing it out. TLDR: it doesn't seem to work. 

I took a look at the documentation for the smart values, and sure enough the description for {{comment.properties."sd.public.comment".internal}} is empty. 

Next I tried this one  if {{comment.internal}} equals false -- that worked like a charm!

Thank you for setting me on the right path :)

Cheers!

Like Paul Krueger likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events