Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign agent according to email address request

ext_jepodola June 10, 2021

Hi! 

As for now we have been working with our customer's requests through email itself (not Jira), and each analyst has assigned 20 customers. So when we receive an email from address X then the analyst responsible for that customer will answer him/her. 

Now moving to JSM we will still be receiving requests through email from our customers. 

I want to know how can I automate the process by assigning specific customers to a particular agent. Let's suppose, if the requestor/email address is X then assign to agent 1, if the requestor/email address Y then assign to agent 2. 

Hope you can help me out!

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2021

Hi, @ext_jepodola - welcome to the community!

If you have project admin access (or know someone who does) you can easily do this with an automation rule. 

Go to Project Settings -> Automation, then click the Create Rule button. If this is your first time doing this, the screen may open to the Library tab instead of the Rules tab, so your screen may look a bit different. 

2021-06-11 11_23_37-Project automation - The Jira of Champions.png

Choose Issue Created as your trigger, then add a condition - you'll want to use the Issue Fields condition. Set Reporter as the field to check, and use "Is one of" as the condition. You can then select all of the customer email addresses for your first agent.

Next, add an action - Edit Issue. Choose Assignee as the field, and select the agent to assign the ticket to.

Now, just repeat these two steps for each agent and set of customers - one condition and action per agent. In this screenshot, you can see I've done two sets. Remember to save and publish the rule, and you should be good to go!

2021-06-11 11_23_37-Project automation - The Jira of Champions2.png

ext_jepodola June 14, 2021

Thank you so much!!! It has been the right answer to what I was looking for :)

ext_jepodola June 29, 2021

Hi @Esther Strom 

What can I do for the below cases where external users appear as "No options" so I am not able to automate it?

7.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events