cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign a user based on the ticket's selected team

swaroop reddy
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 23, 2024

Hi All,

Firstly, thanks for all the community as its made our transition to Jira much much easier.  

As per my question:   I am trying to assign a ticket automatically to the on-call responder when a ticket's team is changed.  I don't see an option to use the issue's team for the assign user action (it seems to be expecting a specific team).  Any thoughts on how this can be done?

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2024

Hi @swaroop reddy,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Correct, currently it requires that you select a specific team, smart values cannot be used for it. 

You could work around it by having an automation for each team that is triggered via a incoming web request and then use a dispatcher automation that is using the IF/Else condition to call the automation for the team specified.

Once the team part of Opsgenie is integrated with JSM I would expect that you would be able to use smart values instead, but for now the dispatch option is the only workaround. 

swaroop reddy
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 23, 2024

The idea of an automation for each team is an angle I didn't think of.  Not as dynamic as would be nice, but it's a great idea!  That'll be my path for now.  Thanks Mikael.

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events