Assets / Insight Object Limit

Gabriel Lences December 12, 2022

Hi everyone,

I'd like to know what are the limitiations of how many objects you can have stored in the CMDB per instance on Jira Service Management Cloud version?

I've read over here that there's a limit of 10 000 objects per asset type: [JSDCLOUD-8556] Ability to extend asset limit beyond 10000 - Create and track feature requests for Atlassian products. Read somewhere else that there is a limit of total 60 000 objects per instance in Premium Plan, 400 000 for Enteprise Plan, but I also recall reading somewhere else that the max limit of Insight / Asset objects per instance was increased to 1mil .

I AM aware of this latest article (https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management-articles/Chart-Topping-Hits-All-Product-Announcements-from-High-Velocity/ba-p/2210568)  which points for 3mil objects to be used in 2023 in Cloud, but doesn't specify if it's related to Enteprise or Premium subscription plan.

However, I'd like to get a DEFINITIVE answer, ideally by someone from Atlassian, on the current state of maximum numbers of objects (per instance) in both JSM Cloud Premium and JSM Cloud Enteprise if there are any differences.

💡Hint for Atlassian: Maybe have these numbers transparent on the pricing page in the asset section? 😊

All of your answers are much appreciated,

Regards,

Gabe

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Bernd Anderer June 7, 2023

Hi Gabe,

I am also looking for that information. Did you find it anywhere in meantime?

regards,

Bernd

Gabriel Lences July 31, 2023

Hi Bernd, I attended a webinar by an Atlassian partner a few months ago around the theme of assets where an Atlassian spokesperson was also present and he said that the object limit is currently 1milion.

Still would like to have it confirmed by Atlassian in this thread though. And if there are any object limits per asset type / instance / product tier / whatsoever. 🤷‍♂️

Like Allison Carlson likes this
Bernd Anderer August 1, 2023

Hi Gabriel,

interesting to see how difficult it is to get some reliably information from Atlassian on a Product that they are selling. 🙄

Thank you for your update

Bernd

Allison Carlson August 31, 2023

+1  - looking for confirmed response too!

Allison Carlson August 31, 2023

@Grady Gausman  - 

would you have an answer on this? 

we are looking for the max number of assets by Cloud plan.

thank you!

Grady Gausman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 31, 2023

Hi @Allison Carlson , thanks for the tag.

I can confirm the current object limit for JSM Cloud is 1 million objects. That is consistent across both Premium and Enterprise plans.

As noted earlier, we just announced an Early Access Program testing a 3 million object limit and are looking to scale well past that in the near future.

@Gabriel Lences - good feedback on displaying these limits on the pricing page. I will take that suggestion back to the team. 

Like # people like this
Gabriel Lences September 3, 2023

@Grady Gausman Thank you very much for the confirmation! 🤗 Is there any limit per object type as well as I've somewhere read in the past? E.g. a "laptop" object can only have 10 000 entries or something like that? Thanks!

Grady Gausman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 5, 2023

@Gabriel Lences confirming there are no limits for object types or schemas!

Like # people like this
Gabriel Lences September 6, 2023

Thank you very much for the confirmation, awesome! :)

Swami Dridapada October 28, 2023

@Grady Gausman Can you please update the limit of Insight Objects for JSM Datacenter license ?

Is there any space allocation that we need to configure above a certain object count?

Thanks you

Pranam

Justin King
Atlassian Team
February 11, 2024

Hi all. Just an FYI that for Assets in JSM cloud, we now have this page to make the limits clearer https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/how-much-data-can-you-store-in-assets/

Like # people like this
Gabriel Lences February 14, 2024

@Justin King this is great, thank you! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events