Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you using Insight Asset Management with Jira Software Cloud? What about the limitations?

M Amine
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2022

Many clients used to use Insight Asset Management application with product other than Jira Service Management (formerly Jira Service Desk). 

Insight has a true power consolidating all company asset in one central location. 

In the Cloud, Insight fields can be placed on (Jira Software)JSW project issue types, but can only be edited by admins/agents (JSM licensed users). Jira Software users have a read-only view of the Insight object field on the issue view.

Clients with Jira Software users need Insight and Insight fields but will not use all Jira Service Management features.

When Insight was a marketplace application, Jira Software users were able to use Insight fields without any problem. 

I have created a suggestion for this https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-10983

What do you think? Do you need to use insight with JSW? Are your clients using Insight with JSW? What do you think about this critical limitation? 

1 comment

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2022

I don't have any experience using it with JSW as I'm mainly a JSM user. However I do see the value in using it with other project types than JSM.

Jira doesn't really have anything else as a repository type of feature where you can just store anything you want. We use it even for managing non-asset related object just so have a dynamic source for approvals/custom field values/..

While I don't think it is essential within JSW (people work with it without Insight) and there are components you can work with it would be a nice added value for other project types.

Like M Amine likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events