cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approve doesn't have access to view issue on portal they are approving

Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2022

So it seems that we are having issues with some approvers not having access to issue at the portal to approve. 
I understand the approvals and in which ways they can approve by but had users bring to my attention that they couldn't go to the portal to view issues to approve. 
I have never had issues with this before. 
The email has a view request link. I am not sure if they are not using this but shouldn't they be able to view issue they are apart of or approver of?

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2022

@Aaron Geister -

Can you confirm if the selected approvers have access to the JSM project?  If not, then you will need to ensure those approvers are associated with the project role of Service Desk Customer, or Service Desk Team, or Administrators.  (Service Desk Customer role should be the basic role assignment.  Approvers don't need agent license).

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2022

@Joseph Chung Yin I have confirmed and all is working now. He was not using the notification to get to the view and or the approval option from the portal. This is confirmed working now. 

Thank you for the help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events