Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approvals option not showing in workflow

Eoin Flynn August 22, 2022

For some reason, the approvals option is only showing sometimes on Jira Service Management Cloud in the workflows editor.

I've tried across Firefox, Safari, and Chrome but the option will only sometimes appear, even if it has been set.

Has anyone encountered and fixed this issue before?

Screen Shot 2022-08-23 at 3.06.48 pm.png

2 answers

2 votes
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2022

Hi @Eoin Flynn 

I guess it is an inactive workflow. Can you please try to edit the active one (used in service project)?

Eoin Flynn August 22, 2022

Hi @Tansu Akdeniz

The same issue is occurring in the live workflow too. After a few refreshes of the page I was able to set the approval settings but the option has since disappeared.

Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2022

Just to be sure, you edit live workflow in Jira Service Management project, right? Not a Software or business project? If yes, there is something wrong with it and it could be better to create a support ticket to Atlassian for further investigation.

Rik Fisk September 26, 2022

If they dont appear in active workflows ,if you migrate to a new workflow I assume you will have to setup all the approvals again ?

0 votes
Karyna Tyrnavska _SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 23, 2022

Hi, @Eoin Flynn !

if you`re ok with the Atlassian plug-in, try out Business Process Manager. My SaaSJet team has developed it to set a multi-level or single approval workflow and streamline business processes in Jira. 

15503bed-4953-4254-9a7d-72d13a0b0b93.gif

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events