Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anonymous Access

OzRa Dunlap April 11, 2022

Jira Service Desk

Question 1.) Can I have customers use my service desk without an email address?

Context: Many of my employees are warehouse workers and do not have a company email address, and they will need to submit tickets to the service desk.

Question 2.) I need to have users submit issues anonymously let's say for safety concerns, what is the best way to achieve this?

Confluence

Question 1.) My organization is using confluence, how can I restrict pages from people who are outside my organization? 

Question 2.) Again I need to have all users within my organization use the system, however, 70% do not have email addresses, what is the best way to achieve this?

Question 3.) How can I have users sign a company form but not see other employees who have also signed the form... like a team member survey.

Please explain the best way to achieve these actions.

1 answer

0 votes
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2022

Hi @OzRa Dunlap and welcome to the community!

JSM

1. Can I have customers use my service desk without an email address?
  2. I need to have users submit issues anonymously let's say for safety concerns, what is the best way to achieve this?
    Combining this into one - Take a look at this similar post.  There is native capability to configure JSM for anonymous access.  Because Jira requires an email for notifications, you could simply instruct users to use a dummy email address and/or have automation change the reporter upon issue creation to use a specific catch-all account to maintain consistency.

Confluence

1. My organization is using confluence, how can I restrict pages from people who are outside my organization? 
    Take a look at this documentation about whitelisting IPs
  2. Again I need to have all users within my organization use the system, however, 70% do not have email addresses, what is the best way to achieve this?
    Combined with effective IP whitelisting, you could enable anonymous access.  Here is some documentation.
  3. How can I have users sign a company form but not see other employees who have also signed the form... like a team member survey.
    I would use a 3rd party tool (e.g. Survey Monkey, Google Forms, etc.).  They all have native functionality that can be configured to enable anonymity. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events