cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow only the automation user to make changes on an issue

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2021

I'm having an issue with blocking everyone to edit an issue except for the 'Automation for Jira" user.

On a specific status I have the workflow property set to disallow editing of the issue when the user is not the Automation user. (it used to be just deny all but then the Automation user also failed).

According to the documentation this should be possible using a workflow property:

jira.permission.edit.user=<username of the user>

Now this seems to be where it goes wrong. What excactly is the username of the 'Automation for Jira' user?

I've tried with:

• Automation for Jira
  • com.codebarrel.addons.automation@connect.atlassian.com
  • the accountid which I found when setting a filter

None of them seem to work and my automation rule is still blocked. When I remove the property it works fine but then of course everybody can edit.

Any ideas?

edit: seems I was able to allow it by using jira.permission.edit.projectrole=10500 where 10500 is the atlassian-addons-project-access  role.

Not the cleanest but seems to work!

2 answers

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2021

Hi @Dirk Ronsmans

If you were using server I would have suggested live fields feature from power scripts to hide the edit button. 

I would contact scriptrunner dev's, they may have something similar to this post where the hide web panels and options. Link: https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/5.6.8/jira/fragments/HideUIElement.html

If you can hide the button from the ui, you won't need to block the status properties.

Regards

0 votes
M Amine
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 7, 2021

Indeed I wanted to suggest even using roles or groups. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events