Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agents don't receive public comments (made by reporter) email notifications

Andrea C March 23, 2022

When a customer writes a comment (as reporter) from the customer portal the agent assigned to the issue doesn't receive an email notification.

Here are a few more details/settings:

• Agents are also part of the costomers role.
  • Public comment added is enabled in Customer notifications
  • Under "Notifications", issue commented has notifications for reporter and current assignee.
  • If an agent writes a public comment, the reporter receive the notification.
  • In the Applications settings under jira service management configuration, I have the notifications should costumer receive jira notifications set to no (I don't want want reporters to receive notifications about internal comments)

What am I missing?

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2022

@Andrea C I would suggest using the notification helper in Jira.  You can enter the agents name and the issue they are not getting comments on and select issue comment and it should tell you if everything is setup for them to receive these notifications.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/use-the-jira-admin-helper/

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2022

@Andrea C did you fix this issue?

Pip Weaver May 8, 2022

But the notification helper doesn't allow you to check for email responses from the reporter.  There are no options regarding reporters responses

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 8, 2022

It would just be comments.  An email response would be a comment.

Pip Weaver May 8, 2022

There is no comment option

Selection_1502.pngSelection_1503.png

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 8, 2022

Issue Commented

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events