Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent doesn't receive mail notifications

Allert-Jan Veldman February 2, 2021

Hi,

One of the agents from our Servicedesk doesn't receive any mail notifications. The issue is only specific to him within the project. He is only receiving notifications from Confluence. Followed the suggested sollutions in https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Not-receiving-e-mail-notifications/qaq-p/1301559
This didn't solve the issue

Also when i tag the specific agent, he doesn't receive the notification in the mail. He does receive it in Jira SD

2 answers

2 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2021

Hello @Allert-Jan Veldman,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

I saw that you created a ticket with our support, but while they don’t answer, I would like to give you a suggestion about the issue.

When an agent doesn’t receive notifications, the most common cause is that they are in the role of an agent and customer at the same time. 

This means that he is an assignee and also a participant or they are part of an organization. 

Since you already checked that because it’s the issue mentioned on the thread you linked here and that’s not the case, the other cause can be a bounce associated with his email.

I saw that you added his email address on the ticket, so I went ahead and confirmed that indeed was a bounce:

550: 550 5.4.1 Recipient address rejected: Access denied. AS({hex}) [HE1EUR01FT014.eop-EUR01.prod.protection.outlook.com]

I removed this bounce and the notifications should work again.

Please, take your time to test and let us know if it works.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Allert-Jan Veldman February 5, 2021

Thanks! looks like its solved now.

Like Angélica Luz likes this
Paul Gautier July 21, 2021

Hi, 

I have the same issue with one agent. I don't understand how you solved the problem ? Can you explain me please ? :) 

Kind regards,

Paul

Allert-Jan Veldman July 22, 2021

I am not sure exactly what it was anymore, but it was not a Jira issue. We were in a migration from O365 to Google suite

Paul Gautier July 22, 2021

Maybe the problem is the same ... The account of the agent were desactivated during 2 month and since she came back (reactivated in GSuite and Jira), she doesn't receive any email from Jira

@Angélica Luz I think the problem come from the bounce list from Jira. But we (admin) can't clear this list. Can you allow the user [Removed by moderators] ? 

Kind regards,

Paul

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 22, 2021

Hello @Paul Gautier,

Thank you for reaching out to Community!

The issue was indeed related to the bounce list. I checked the email address on our tools and there was a bounce due to the following error:

550: 550-5.2.1 The email account that you tried to reach is disabled. Learn more at 550 5.2.1 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=Disabled... - gsmtp

I removed the bounce and it should work now.

Please, take your time to test and let us know how it goes.

​​Kind regards,
Angélica

Hello @Angélica Luz 

Thank you, it works !!! Why we can't do this in the admin panel ? 

Kind Regards,

Paul

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
July 22, 2021

Hi Paul,

I’m glad that it’s working again laugh

On Jira Cloud, currently, it’s not possible to view the outgoing email logs and we use a different tool to remove the bounces and blocks, it’s not directly in Jira.

There are feature requests suggesting improvements for that:

Please, click on vote and also watch the tickets above to receive updates from our product teams.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Paul Gautier March 9, 2022

Hi @Angélica Luz

I have the same problem with the user [Removed by moderators]. Can you help me ? :) 

Kind regards,

Paul

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
March 10, 2022

Hi @Paul Gautier,

The email was on the suppression list due to the following error:

550: 550-5.2.1 The email account that you tried to reach is disabled. Learn more at 550 5.2.1 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=Disabled... - gsmtp  

I removed this block and the notifications should be delivered now.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Paul Gautier March 10, 2022

Thank you @Angélica Luz , can you also check for [Removed by moderators] ? :) 

Kind regards,

Paul

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
March 10, 2022

Hi Paul,

I checked the entire domain and it returned 420 affected email addresses due to the same error.

I removed the blocks from all, so the email you mentioned and also other users should receive the notifications normally now.

Kind regards,
Angélica

GAN PEOY JOO March 10, 2022

Hi @Angélica Luz 

I might be facing similar issue with this user - rama.krishnan@axiatadigitallabs.com, not receiving any email notifications. Would you be able assist please? Thanks! 

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
March 11, 2022

Hi @GAN PEOY JOO,

Welcome to the Community!

There was a bounce on the email address due to the following error:

550: 550 5.4.1 Recipient address rejected: Access denied. AS({hex}) [SG2APC01FT0012.eop-APC01.prod.protection.outlook.com] 

I removed it and the user should receive notifications now.

Kind regards,
Angélica

GAN PEOY JOO March 13, 2022

It's working now, thank you! @Angélica Luz 

Like Angélica Luz likes this
DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS