Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After migration customers cannot access their tickets any more

Holger Thiemann December 9, 2021

We migrated from Jira Servie Desk (Server) to Jira Service Management (Cloud).

Alls Issues and Customers were migrated (with the migration app)

If a customer tries to sign on on the new site, he is told something about singel sign on, receives a new registration email, has to choose a new password and is asked questions about his position and so on (like when I registered). This is very confusing to our customers.

And if the customer has done all this - he has no access to his issues. The customer must be removed and added again to restore access. Doing this for all our service projects and customers would be hours of work (and confuse the customers even more).

So:

1. Why has a customer to register again? Can that be circumvented?
  2. Why is the customer asked questions on registration like if one of our employees is registering ("what is your postion/function")? Can I disable that?
  3. Why after all this, the customer has no access to his issues/service desk? Is there any other solution than removing and readding each customer?

Bonus question: :-)

The old url of our (Server) Service Desk was more readable. It uses the service projects key. The new (Cloud) url is much longer and contains a portal number instead. I can't remember that I intentionally configured this in the old Service Desk. Can that be changed in the cloud somehow to the same style than we had before?

Thanks a lot. I hope this are not all annoying beginner questions. :-)

1 answer

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Holger Thiemann December 9, 2021

We solved it.

The Service Desk Cloud Migration App has created an Atlassian Account for every customer.

If an E-Mail ist registered as a customer AND an Atlassian Account, the user is forced to register and is now treated as his Atlassian Account, which is different from his customer account and therefore has no access to the issues.

The solution was to manually delete all the hundreds Atlassian Accounts.

Bojana October 26, 2022

Hi @Holger Thiemann 

Thanks for sharing! It has been some time ago now, but if you by any chance see this comment could you share how you have preserved the association between reporter and issue if you have deleted all Atlassian Accounts after migration? Have you re-done migration or any other approach? 

Thanks! :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events