Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

After I configured approval of a JSM status, there was no change when I transitioned an issue.

Edited

Using the JSM-imported workflow, I tried to configure approvals for two statuses.  Neither appears to work.  Also, under All my tickets, no tickets appear, although I submitted and completed about 6.  Here are screen shots of the workflow, and the approval configuration for the Pending status:

JSM approvals workflow.jpgApprovers for Pending.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi @Phil Bustin ,

Can you please provide the screenshot of the next page in that "Edit approval step"? It should look like this:

Screenshot 2022-06-03 182927.png

Thanks, Yanti.  You put me on the right track.  It's working now, but although I am a member of the approval group, I don't have permission to approve.

I'm glad that I helped in some way :) But you're saying that you're listed in "Business Analysts" field but you can't approve the ticket when it's in "Pending" status?

Yes.  My 3 users (different email addresses) are in the Business Analysts group.  Maybe for JSM I need an Approvers group?

Business Analysts group.jpg

Hi @Phil Bustin ,

If you are also the assignee or the reporter of the ticket, please make sure that this is not listed under "Exclude approvers from":

Screenshot 2022-06-09 120725.png

That was an older image.  I no longer have approval exceptions:

Project needs an approver.jpg

One Approver needed.jpg

No Approval exceptions.jpg

Thanks for the screenshots. It showed that there are no users in "Business Analysts" field. You only added people to "Business Analysts" group. What you need to do is add users to "Business Analysts" field.

Go to Custom Fields, https://<instance_name>.atlassian.net/secure/admin/ViewCustomFields.jspa, and search for "Business Analysts" field, then click on this:

Screenshot 2022-06-10 121803.png

Then click on "Edit Default Value" and add the users.

Thank you.

Apparently, I can't add 'Members of Business Analysts group'--only individuals.  If that is true, I would have to change the defaults every time the group members changed.

After adding the 3 users, including myself, I was able to approve a new issue; however, I still can't approve the existing issue.  These are just tests, but is there something I can do to enable the existing issue to be transitioned?

If it's a user-picker field type, then you can only add individual users. For group approvals, this article can help explain it, https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management-articles/Announcing-group-approvals-in-Jira-Service-Management/ba-p/1751721#M872

As for the existing issue, you need to add the approver to "Business Analysts" field on the screen. But first you need to add the field into "Edit issue screen", https://<instance_name>.atlassian.net/plugins/servlet/project-config/<project_key>/screens. This doc provides more info, https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/add-a-new-custom-field-to-a-project/

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Management

Jira Service Management Documentation Opportunities

Hello everyone, Hope everyone is safe! A few months ago we posted an article sharing all the new articles and documentation that we, the AMER Jira Service Management team created. As mentioned ...

198 views 0 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you