Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding portal-only customers and not JSM Users to a Team-Managed Project

DScherer July 26, 2022

I'm not sure what I changed but I can't get what I had working back again.

When I would add a Portal Only Customer to the Team-managed project using the "Projects Customers" menu, I could then go to the Atlassian "USER MANAGEMENT", "Jira Service Management" "Portal Customers" menu and have full control of  customer passwords, full name and access.

Now that i changed something, when I add a Portal Only Customer to the project, the customer is added as a Jira user and not to the USER MANAGEMENT "Jira Service Management" Portal Customers.

Jira 2022-07-26 15.05.55.pngJira 2022-07-26 14.56.34.png

Any help would be appreciated,

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2022

Hi DScherer it sounds like previously when you added a customer they were being created as a Portal-only account, but now an Atlassian account is being created for them. Here's Atlassian's documentation describing the differences between accounts.

It sounds like a change was made to your customer access settings, that's causing Atlassian accounts to be created when you add a customer. Take a read through How customer access settings impact project permissions, and specifically Change access settings for your customers to determine how your project is configured. 

DScherer July 26, 2022

Thanks Conner, Apparently if you setup approved domains for internal users it automatically makes a new user internal. I had thought if you wanted to migrate an existing external user to an internal user they had to be an approved Domain. Misinterpreted that one. 

Image 2022-07-26 17.25.08.png

Like Nicolas PR likes this
Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2022

You're welcome DScherer, glad I could help :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events