Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding (new) visible to client fields or edit summary upon issue progress.

Alexey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2020

Hello, while setup a ticket/issue i was unable find a way to setup new fields visible to customers.

Case:

1. User wants to request a feature, he opens a help center and fill a special form.
  2. Agent forwards this issue to dev team to get info about estimates/pricing.
  3. Agent comes back and report to user in a comment "Price is $4000, good for you?"
  4. Client agrees with a comment "Sure".

At this point i want to add a Field 'Price" and set agreed value "$4000" visible at all times.

What i tried:

• If i set custom field to "Customer request form" (Visible fields), then this field is editable to customer at issue creation stage - misleading.
  • If i set custom field to "Customer request form" (Hidden fields), then i need to set a default value - also might be misleading for agents&customers.
  • Description fields - visible only to agents.
  • Context fields visible or hidden - visible only to agents.
  • Using just comments - data might be lost among discussion.
  • I also tied to use Automation 'when agent change status to X, then update": { "fields": { "summary": "" } someting like [field:price value] + Old summary, but failed with JSON or maybe its impossible to do it.

RBK Games - Ticket types - Jira Service Management.png

1 answer

2 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 18, 2020

Hello Alexey,

Thank you for reaching out to Community!

When it comes to showing a custom field in the portal, it's necessary that it's added to the request form and as you tested, this field will be available for the customer to edit when creating the issue.

Based on your tests with the automation, I found a workaround that may help you. It's a simple automation rule, not using JSON. 

It's possible to add the value of the field Price to the summary or description when the field value is changed. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 15.58.17.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 15.56.11.png

Please, take your time to test and let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Angélica

Alexey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2020

You are awesome Angélica, Works perfectly!

BTW is there a way to limit that rule to run only once or update Summary and a description upon second use? 
Season i'm asking, if agent makes a typo, then script runs again and add more data:

Testing automation + $40000 + $4000 ... + more with any touch of the {{field.price}}

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 22, 2020

Hi Alexey,

I'm glad that I could help and sorry for not realizing that this issue would happen.

With the help of my amazing colleagues, we found a workaround that adds the custom field value to the summary without appending new values everytime the field is updated.

Please, update your automation rule using the options below:

Here are the values for you to copy/paste:

{{issue.summary.substringBefore("$")}}${{issue.price}}

{{issue.summary}} ${{issue.price}}

Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 13.49.49.png

2. Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 13.50.01.png3.

Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 13.50.13.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 13.50.22.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 13.50.34.png

Gif:

Screen Recording 2020-12-22 at 01.48.19 PM.gif

Hope this helps!

If you face any issue or have any other questions, please let us know.

Alexey
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 23, 2020

@Angélica LuzThank you very much! Modified the script to

[{{issue.price}}] {{issue.summary.substringAfter("]")}}
[{{issue.price}}] {{issue.summary}}

For better clients' visibility and more flexibility in regards of a currency. 

I've learned a lot from this case, how to use logic conditions and partial field editing.
Thank you for your time and effort!

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events