Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding new Request Types Category

CHESTER RAMOS June 25, 2021

Hi All, thanks for reading this. 

I do know that the default "Request Types" in JIRA Services Management is based on ITIL/ITSM Governance. 
I was wondering can I add new request type category .. (please see attached screen capture, in yellow box are the default request types) , as I was thinking of consolidating types of request that not only relate to IT Services (Service Request, Change, Incident, Problem..etc), but also add request types that is not related to IT (example common HR request such as "request for certificate of employment" ..etc)

I do know we can create a new Service Management for "HR" , but I was thinking of consolidating all users request in one singular project for easier management (not needed to switch between projects to administer or users only access one project for all their request requirements)...

Regards, Request Types.jpg

2 answers

0 votes
CHESTER RAMOS June 26, 2021

@Jack Brickey  Thanks for the response, what I am trying to understand is that if its possible to add new request types categories 

I do know Service Management Project have Service Requests , Incidents , Problems and Changes set as default request types. 

I was wondering if there is a possibility in which I can add additional request types category, in other words. Maybe "HR Request" or "Request for Procurement" ...etc

As I do not want to mix HR , or non-IT request with the default request types... 

Thanks 

default request types.JPG

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2021

For CMP projects you can add new request types project settings request types. Issuetype’s you can also add those if needed. 

@Jack Brickey  Thanks for the response, what I am trying to understand is that if its possible to add new request types categories 

I do know Service Management Project have Service Requests , Incidents , Problems and Changes set as default request types. 

I was wondering if there is a possibility in which I can add additional request types category, in other words. Maybe "HR Request" or "Request for Procurement" ...etc

As I do not want to mix HR , or non-IT request with the default request types... 

Thanks 

I was browsing around, https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/what-are-ticket-categories/ was wondering if I can add new ticket categories 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2021

Not at this time. Here is a related suggestion that you may wish to vote and watch - JSDCLOUD-10067 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events