Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Adding new Request Types Category

Hi All, thanks for reading this. 

I do know that the default "Request Types" in JIRA Services Management is based on ITIL/ITSM Governance. 
I was wondering can I add new request type category .. (please see attached screen capture, in yellow box are the default request types) , as I was thinking of consolidating types of request that not only relate to IT Services (Service Request, Change, Incident, Problem..etc), but also add request types that is not related to IT (example common HR request such as "request for certificate of employment" ..etc)

I do know we can create a new Service Management for "HR" , but I was thinking of consolidating all users request in one singular project for easier management (not needed to switch between projects to administer or users only access one project for all their request requirements)...

Regards, Request Types.jpg

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Community Leader Jun 26, 2021

For CMP projects you can add new request types project settings request types. Issuetype’s you can also add those if needed. 

@Jack  Thanks for the response, what I am trying to understand is that if its possible to add new request types categories 

I do know Service Management Project have Service Requests , Incidents , Problems and Changes set as default request types. 

I was wondering if there is a possibility in which I can add additional request types category, in other words. Maybe "HR Request" or "Request for Procurement" ...etc

As I do not want to mix HR , or non-IT request with the default request types... 

Thanks 

Jack Community Leader Jun 26, 2021

Not at this time. Here is a related suggestion that you may wish to vote and watch - JSDCLOUD-10067 

@Jack  Thanks for the response, what I am trying to understand is that if its possible to add new request types categories 

I do know Service Management Project have Service Requests , Incidents , Problems and Changes set as default request types. 

I was wondering if there is a possibility in which I can add additional request types category, in other words. Maybe "HR Request" or "Request for Procurement" ...etc

As I do not want to mix HR , or non-IT request with the default request types... 

Thanks 

default request types.JPG

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Atlympic Event: Jira Service Managemnt

Hello Community!  Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...

337 views 5 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you