cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding formatted text incl. links to issue view for agents

Kay March 22, 2023

Hi,

I did the following:

Added a new custom field (rich text) and added it to the service request form with preset value hidden from the portal. It contains formatted text and a links to external websites. It contains instructions for the agent.

Now I want that this textfield is shown on top of the summary only for the agent incl clickable links, but it looks like this in the issue view:

_Hello_

*fat text*

[link|http://google.de] (the link is not clickable)

Apart from that its shown below the summary. 

So, how can I - at least - get the text shown in the issue like I created in the request form?

Additionally:
- How to show this field above the summary?
- This shield should not be editable by agents, or at all. It doesn't make sense here.

Thanks a lot.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2023

Hi @Kay 

If this is static text that you don't want anyone to edit, you're better off using the custom field type Message Custom Field Type (for View).  You set what you want displayed in the default value.  If you want it to support markup, you'll need to navigate to the field configuration and set its renderer to wiki.

How to show this field above the summary?

Unfortunately, this is not possible in JSM.  What's captured in the portal always appears in a box at the top left of the screen and that's not something you can modify.

Kay March 23, 2023

Hi @Mark Segall 

Thank you for the answer. That helped a lot.

I could manage to specify the Wiki Renderer for the default field. Unfortunately i was not able to set any renderer for the new custom field which you recommended.

The option "Renderer" seems not to be available for custom fields in the field configuration settings for the project or in the global settings. Weird.

Thanks anyway!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events