Adding existing User to Costumer jira service Management Cloud

Thomas Pfalzgraf April 20, 2023

Hey everyone, how can I add a user that already exists on my Project to an existing Customer?  I don't want to invite him as he is already registered to my Project I just want to add him to a Customer group. In the User Management I can add him to groups but not to a Customer. 

Hope all that makes sense ;-) 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2023

@Thomas Pfalzgraf Welcome to the Atlassian community

You will need to add customers in the project.  Here are instructions on how to do that https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/add-a-customer-to-a-service-project/ 

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2023

Hi @Thomas Pfalzgraf and welcome to the community,

To add a user as a customer follow the instructions that Brant gave you. Keep in mind that:

• If that user is a jira user, you can give him the Jira Service Desk Customer role from the project settings
  • If the user is only a portal-only customer, adding him as a customer will appear only on the Customer selection

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events