Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding approval step - how to add service management customers to a group?

Stefan Froehlich January 19, 2023

Hi all,

I am considering implementing an additional step of approval for certain types of tickets. The individuals responsible for approving these tickets are currently customers in our Service Management project and there are only three of them in total.

Is it possible to add these three individuals to a Jira group, and then assign that group as the custom approvers for the specified tickets?

Or, would I need to manually select the three individuals each time using the general user picker?

Thank you,

Stefan

2 answers

1 vote
Parsa Shiva January 23, 2023

Hello Stefan,

You can achieve this if you are using Approval Path For Jira, there is an external approvers option where you can group the external approvers email addresses into a table and add it to the description, the external approvers will then get a call for action every time you start the approval. There are also ways to automate the starting of the approvals.

Here is a blog that points this out: https://warsawdynamics.com/posts/approval-path-issue-field-email/

Hope that helped, best!
Parsa

Stefan Froehlich January 24, 2023

Hi Parsa,

thank you for your reply. I was hoping to find a solution which is out of the box as we currently don't want to add additional add-ins.

Best,

Stefan

Like Parsa Shiva likes this
Parsa Shiva February 7, 2023

Hello Stefan,

Of course, thank you for letting me know :)

Best,
Parsa

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2023

Short answer is no, customers cannot be added to Jira groups. In order to be added to a Jira group you have to be assigned a Jira license first.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2023

You could use automation to add the thee individuals so that you do not have to do that manually for the specific tickets.

Stefan Froehlich January 23, 2023

Hi Mikael,

that sounds like a good idea, I'll be looking into that. If you have any articles on that topic I would appreciate that very much as well.

Thank you,

Stefan

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events