Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding JIRA agents to mutiple Service Desks

Anuj Gupta July 24, 2021

Is there a way that I can add 10 JIRA agents in my system in one go to 100 Service Desks that we have made, instead of adding 10 agents to one project at a time , then moving to next.

2 answers

0 votes
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2021

I agree with Hana. However, if you still want bulk-adding users to roles, especially if there will be different agents/permission schemes in those projects, you can look at the APIs or scripting them using an app.

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-project-role-actors/#api-rest-api-3-project-projectidorkey-role-id-post

0 votes
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2021

Hi @Anuj Gupta ,

if your service management projects have the same permission scheme, you can add the agents directly to the permission scheme (or better - create user group for them and add this group to the permission scheme). Then you don't need to add them to all the projects one by one.

Still I prefer to work with project roles instead of single users/user groups in permission schemes.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events