Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a conditional field to a service project (Number/Text field)

Liina Savtšik January 3, 2023

Hello

Is it possible to add a conditional field to a service project where depending on what is chosen in parent select list appears a number field (now I found only an option where appears another dropdown list, but I need a field where requester can insert a value by himself).

Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Aleksandra Bosacka _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 3, 2023

Hello @Liina Savtšik 

It's Aleksandra from Deviniti - the vendor of the Extension for JSM app.

Could you share more details about the use case?

Do you need to configure conditional fields on the standard create issue screen in the service project (agent perspective), or perhaps for the request forms on the Customer portal (customer perspective)?

Best,
Aleksandra

Liina Savtšik January 3, 2023

It's needed for Customer portal.

When Requester creates a Service request there is a dropdown list with selections. Only for one of the selections more details are needed (two numbers which are always different). They are also mandatory with this selection.

Aleksandra Bosacka _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 3, 2023

Thanks for the reply!

If that's the case, then it can be accomplished with Dynamic forms which is a part of Extension for JSM, and allows you to turn the request forms to act dynamically by configuring the fields that are displayed based on the above selection. This should help you break the request form into more levels by defining relations between fields.

For more details, I encourage you to see this article in our online documentation about defining conditions and validators to configure fields as mandatory.

Hopefully, you will find the app beneficial!

Feel free to reach out or reply directly in this thread for more details. I will be happy to help!

Cheers,
Aleksandra

0 votes
Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2023

Hi @Liina Savtšik,

Thanks to the Forms available in your service project, you can achieve it. Forms are available for every plan, so you don't have to spend additional money.

Go to the Project settings > Forms > New form.

Here you have screens on how to configure it step by step:

forms_1.png

forms_2.pngforms_3.png

Hope it helps you. Let me know if you need any assistance with configuration.

Best regards,

Kate

Chief Product Officer & Co-founder @Appsvio | Atlassian Community Leader

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders