Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Approvers to workflow - not all workflow status are available on Approvers config screen

Yaron Azar April 10, 2022

Hello,

I'm trying to configure approvers on a JSM workflow.
For the related status I defined 2 transitions:

Approve >> 'Pending'

Decline >> 'In Progress'

For some reason - in the approvers config screen - I can't select 'In Progress' in the drop down list although this it the actual transition configured for this status.

What am I missing here?

Regardsapprovers.jpg

1 answer

2 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2022

I may be missing your point, however, I believe your approval is using two transitions: Approve and Declined. Both of which are available in the drop down. You don't select the statuses here but rather the transitions to the statuses.

yaron April 10, 2022

For Decline, I want to go to 'In Progress' but it doesn't available in the dropdown list.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2022

But "Decline" is in the list and it resolves to In progress. The text displayed seems misleading. You should select the transition in this case I believe. Give it a go and see if it works. 

here is an article that may be of value here - add-an-approval-to-a-workflow 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events