Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API 3 Paging - Accessing issues on key set

S July 27, 2021

Hi,

I'm using API 3 to query data from Jira Service Management.

https://xxxxxxxx.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/search?jql=project=projectName&startAt=100&maxResults=100

My understating was when I say StartAt = 100 that would mean its key 100 onwards to next 100 but that's not the case...

Is there a way I can query this sequential?

Thanks

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 31, 2021

As Joseph mentioned startAt is used for pagination and it has no relation with issue key. As a workaround you can sort issues by key using jql.

https://....atlassian.net/rest/api/3/
search?jql=project%3Dproject%20order%20by%20key&startAt=100&maxResults=100
S July 31, 2021

thanks @Bloompeak Support so as I move to next page my startAt will become 200... and so on...

This could be Atlassian's question.. 'Order By' are usually resource intensive operations ... so is should we go for it... In my scenario - its a big pay load.. 100K records!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2021

@S -

Based on my understanding, the "startAt" parameter means the 1st 100 rows of your search query returns.  It is not associated with issue key number.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2021

@S -

If my answer assisted you on your resolution, please click Accept answer when you have a chance.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events