Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A few questions about configuring the asset module

Paul Lambert1 June 8, 2022

Hello,

This refers to storing assets in JIRA without using Insight, and instead populating them from a 3rd party product.

This youtube video tells us that we can filter assets so users can only see their own assets or assets which are unassigned, however despite a few minutes later telling us that we now know how to do it, it doesn't actually tell you how to do it. I can see how to filter by asset type, but not by user.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RH7AfFcoRU

QUESTION 1 How do we add a filter so users can only see assets which are not assigned to a different user ? or can we generically do any other filter and sort ?

QUESTION 2 Secondly I'd like to know how to configure the asset dropdown to list assets from a rest api instead of listing assets from JIRA's mini asset database tables, so I'd like to actually populate the dropdown with asset data dynamically, and not use the asset store for that, but still have JIRA store our OriginId against the issue. Again the above video tells you you can do it, but doesn't actually tell you how (even though later she says she has told us how!). I don't mind if it's "not" the asset dropdown, and use a different field type instead, as long as I can do the asset panel idea next to it with a module

QUESTION 3 Third I'd like to ask why sometimes, I delete all asset types and all assets, and repopulate them, but they do not appear in JIRA at all, and then if we wait a day or so, the records suddenly appear. Is there some "sync" issue that we can go through to force it to sync up ? I've seen scenarios where the API is returning the records I loaded, but they don't show in the product, and other scenarios where the API doesn't show the records just uploaded, but then the next morning they appear in an api query and in the product.  Worrying !

thanks in advance

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events