UPDATE - NOW AVAILABLE: Conversational ticketing in Jira Service Management

The Early Access Program has now concluded. This functionality is now available. Learn more here.

------------------

TL;DR: Request early access below to try Jira Service Management’s new conversational ticketing feature in Slack.

Hey, Atlassian Community 👋

Today we’re excited to announce an Early Access Program for seamless conversational ticketing in Jira Service Management. Now you can meet your team where they already work to capture requests and manage tickets directly from your conversations in Slack. (Microsoft Teams coming soon)

Using the same Slack-native ticketing technology that powers Halp, Atlassian’s lightweight conversational help desk offering, you will now be able to sync Jira Service Management service projects with Slack to seamlessly:

• Capture Jira Service Management requests directly in Slack 

• Bi-directionally send and receive internal comments and public replies between Slack messages and Jira Service Management

• Edit ticket fields and transition tickets from your Slack conversations

Our new Jira Service Management chat offering is available to any paid Cloud users, set it up today.

We can’t wait to hear what you think!

58 comments

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2022

This is super cool!  I'm very interested, let me see if I can swing an approval from some of our decision makers ;)

Like # people like this
Daniel Serodio February 23, 2022

Awesome! So if I understand correctly, this will be included in all of the existing JSM plans instead of being charged extra after it leaves beta, right?

Like # people like this
Daniel Raiha February 24, 2022

This is super exciting! Can't wait to try it out!

Like Jensen Fleming likes this
AP February 24, 2022

I saw a recent announcement around Halp being more integrated with Jira and I too am curious about this.  As someone who has been actively exploring Halp as a solution to our Slack & Jira ticketing problem I'm not sure if this means I should stop and wait till this goes out of EA or what.

Morgan Watts February 24, 2022

Couldn't agree more with AP...i'll enable this, and it'll be interesting to see the difference with this and Halp...

Nicole Pitaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 24, 2022

@Daniel Serodio This will be included free in all JSM Cloud paid plans!

Like # people like this
Jensen Fleming
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 24, 2022

@AP --You're welcome to keep exploring Halp, but we recommend signing up for the EAP to see if that solves your use case on its own 🎉

Like AP likes this
Josh Costella
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2022

We signed up! Can't wait to try it out. 

Jason Donati February 24, 2022

Looking forward to MS Teams compatibility

Like # people like this
marvin.edelkamp February 25, 2022

We are excited for the Microsoft Teams feature!

Like # people like this
Mike Lee February 25, 2022

🎶  Dum-dum-mh, day-day-mh, yeah-yeah-mh, ow
Finally, it has happened to me, right in front of my face
And I just cannot hide it 🎶

Is it safe to assume this means metrics from these Slack Jiras can be measured for reporting?  😬

Like # people like this
Jensen Fleming
Atlassian Team
February 25, 2022

@Mike Lee yes! Issues created from within Slack will be included in your reporting! You can filter by "created via Atlassian Assist" as part of your reports as well. 

Like Mike Lee likes this
Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 28, 2022

So excited to see this integration more integrated. I am down for the beta please!! One of the things I want to see is approvals from the workflow in the slack channel that would be great.

Joshua Kochelek March 1, 2022

surprise-chris-pratt.gif

It's happening!! 🎉

Like # people like this
Cronje van Heerden March 3, 2022

Please count me in.

Jack Ingram March 3, 2022

Would love to see this integrated into Zoom Chat too. 

Like Jesse Cross likes this
Joao Zampa March 3, 2022

I've filled out the form to be part of the early access program, what is next?
How can we start testing it? Is it just start a trial on Halp? being part of the early access program would give us more trial time?

Jesse Cross March 3, 2022

Zoom Chat Integration would be great

Like Jack Ingram likes this
Guy Thorsby March 3, 2022

This is great. Throwing my hat in the ring for Google Chat. We have integrated a notification bot but creating a ticket mid-conversation would be stellar! Thanks for sharing!

Marv Gordon March 3, 2022

I'm curious, why Slack before Teams?  Isn't the Teams user base like 10x that of Slack???

Like # people like this
Patrick Ricciardi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2022

Looking forward to seeing how this will work and if it would be appropriate for us. We use Teams, so hopefully that beta will be open over the next couple of weeks.

Thank you.

Jason Brison March 4, 2022

This is very exciting! Are there plans to include the Jira Service Management chat offering in your Data Center offerings as well?

Molly Bronstein
Atlassian Team
March 4, 2022

@Jason Brison Hi Jason! Unfortunately at this time, we don't have the Jira Service Management chat offering on our Data Center roadmap. However, our product team is exploring the possibility and it may be added in the future! 

Patrick Beardmore March 10, 2022

Can you confirm that if we sign up for the beta that we'll still have an ability to toggle it off/on again if we find we're not quite ready to enable it for everyone yet?

Doanielle Carmody March 10, 2022

@Molly Bronstein  it would be very beneficial for DC users.  Unfortunately, some of us cannot move to cloud for security reasons and more unfortunately, the way atlassian access is set up to where it can only manage an entire company instead of separate orgs/departments within a company presents a huge barrier to moving to cloud. I would really love for Atlassian to either make Cloud more accessible for orgs within an enterprise OR include the same features as cloud in the DC roadmap.  

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events