Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Management for all!

Did you know that over half of the service projects in Jira Service Management are created by teams outside of IT?

At Atlassian, in addition to ITSM practices, we rely on Jira Service Management for everything from delivering employee recognition, to facilities requests, to legal reviews. If you’re interested in more about how we do things, check out our recent webinar How Atlassian empowers its distributed workforce to hear how Atlassian IT and HR leaders work together to deliver great service. And, our guide The Atlassian Approach to ESM, offers an overview of different service teams across the company.

The possibilities are really endless, and we’re always inspired by the ways teams in the Atlassian Community are using Jira Service Management. So, for our third JSM June challenge, you can earn the Service for All badge by sharing how you’ve extended service management beyond IT. We would like to hear:

• How your business teams became service management superheroes

• How your non-technical teams like HR, legal, marketing, finance, and beyond started using Jira Service Management! Tell us:

• Did they ask to start using Jira Service Management or did you recommend it to them?

• How are they using Jira Service Management now?

• What would your business teams like to see in the future for Jira Service Management?

• Do you have any advice for business teams who want to use Jira Service Management?

badge.png

Don't forget:

• You can keep track of all JSM June activities and challenges here. ☀️ Commenting on three or more JSM June challenges will earn you the mega JSM June Community badge.

• New to Jira Service Management? Learn more here.

• Have a question about Jira Service Management? Drop your questions in our Ask Me Anything (AMA) post

5 comments

Nicole Richey June 26, 2024

We use Jira Service Management to streamline and track workflows and processes. 

Like # people like this
Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2024

We've quite recently introduced internal support portal for all of our employees and it immediately became a success. We've onboarded Ops and HR team members as JSM agents and so far, we've gotten only positive feedback regarding the whole system! As previous process included mostly responding to requests via Slack and tracking issues/assets via Excel, everyone was relieved when unique place for all of this was implemented. 🎉

Although we don't have that big of a volume when it comes to requests & tickets, we're still gradually rolling out new features such as requests, additional automation & process optimization.

We're also thinking of expanding service project(s) to other teams such as Sales and Finance at some point in the future. 👀

When it comes to some recommendations, I would say "Start small and build from there. It's much easier to onboard everyone when you do not overwhelm them with tons of available options and information. If you build a solid base, you can easily add additional options such as new requests, additional fields for values or automations." 

Like # people like this
Sarah Wright June 27, 2024

For as long as I've used Atlassian products (starting in 2011) I've never once thought JSD/JSM was only for IT. 

Way back in 2016 on server I helped set up Jira Service Desks for a digital marketing team. We took in requests for web page changes, for training on the web platform, for reporting incidents on the website as well submitting ideas and feedback. We included a way to submit creative briefs to seamlessly deliver to marketing teams via issue cloning and tieing in with Confluence. (Oh what I could with JSM cloud! What took weeks then would take hours now :) ) Most recent usage includes setting up an intake process for corporate initiatives. That team uses the newish boards and swimlanes views as they were more familiar with Jira and boards; queues weren't needed in this use case. 

The new templates showcase all that it can do but I encourage people to think beyond even those. Need to collect data (structured or not) to help you provide outstanding service easily and communicate with requestors?  Then you need JSM. (Spoiler, everyone could use it! I even have a JSM for my kids for summer :) )

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2024

When people ask me why use JSM when we already have Jira I always start with one answer: portals

Jira (meaning 'just-Jira') will always be a haven for technical users like Product and Development Teams. 

But JSM allows 'just-users' to submit requests and follow up on their progress through a more intuitive form based portal. 

This has lead to greater internal SAT scores due to users feeling that they have a platform to register requests and monitor them without having to understand a complex interface. So IT, HR, Marketing requests are resolved with less stress. 

Like # people like this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2024

I have tried for years to get my business teams to even use Jira or Jira Align and they always say Atlassian tools are not for business teams. I've done my fair share of explaining to prove them wrong! Hopefully one day they will listen! 

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events