Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

🗓 Introducing the Change calendar!

79 comments

Matthew Day March 7, 2022

Hi @Gabriel Raubenheimer !
Is the capability to color code the calendar entries is being investigated? The main ideas I had around that are: 

1. Color code according to Project
  2. Color code according to Change Type
  3. Integrate wtih Opsgenie Teams and color code per Team (as one can filter per project, but not per team)

If there are feature proposals around this, I'd happily upvote. 

Like # people like this
Ton Akveld July 4, 2022

@Gabriel Raubenheimer 

Hi,

Reading this: 

you can turn this on in the Features page in Project settings.

I tried to activate Change Management for one of my non-ITSM projects (a Kanban board, team managed), but can't find this under project features:

Schermafbeelding 2022-07-04 105003.jpg

What am I missing where?

Please advise!

Kind regards,

Ton

Like Jeanne Schock likes this
rupen.deshpande July 18, 2022

When will "freeze windows" and "maintenance windows"  be available in change calendar?

Like # people like this
Jason Walker July 18, 2022

@Gabriel Raubenheimer - we have a 2nd site setup for Service management, is there a way to link the change calendars from the projects to the main Service Management Calendar? 

Setup:
1 Org

2 Sites - 1 site for Projects, 1 Site for Enterprise SM built on our processes. 

We would like to link the calendars from the projects in site 1 to the SM in Site 2 and then see all of the linked Epics, Stories, etc from this one view. 

cbaker August 15, 2022

Hi - We are using the change process/calendar and its working well, loving the automate peer reviewers and CM approvals.  (some calendar colours would be good )

My question is how can I expose this to others in my organisation - (people without a JSM or a Jira licence)  

Scenario is we have a Technology landing page (sharepoint) where other users / departments can see information about what IT are getting up to. It would be great to expose the calendar or a list of approved changes. I'm thinking syncing with a SP list/calendar would be fine if it could not be exposed?  

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated :-)

Like # people like this
Sol Gonzalez
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 18, 2022

Hi - Also interested in how can we share the Change Calendar with people without a JSM license. We tried the Confluence calendar but it doesn't show the same. 

Any help would be highly appreciated! 

Like # people like this
Joyce Anderson August 30, 2022

Hi @Gabriel Raubenheimer -We are using a change calendar, but it is very basic. It doesn't seems to have filtering options as mentioned above, and no flexibility to add changes/ move or extend dates within the calendar. How can we get these features?

We will also like to have colour  code depending with 'Type of Change ( Standard, Normal or Emergency), be able to add Change Freeze dates and pre-agreed scheduled maintenance dates. When will these features be available, and how can we be notified so we can apply them?

Thanks.

Like # people like this
Lewis Cook August 31, 2022

+1 On @Joyce Anderson comment above from me!

Munir Trolle Laiq September 9, 2022

@Gabriel Raubenheimer 

Hi  Gabriel

I am trying to add / enable the product “Change Calendar”

to our Service management  project in Jira Service manager.

1) Question how do I do that?

2) I have not been able to find any documentation , do you have a link?

3) what is the cost if any related to enabled “Change Calendar”?

thanks 

BR

Munir 

Like Jeanne Schock likes this
juan_lara October 5, 2022

Good day @Gabriel Raubenheimer , How can I configure the calendar to show events according to the user's time zone? Right now only shows a one-time zone

Ramesh Ayyamuthu
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 28, 2022

@Gabriel Raubenheimer , Can I use the native change calendar (not the issue calendar) on a dashboard? 

Ramesh Ayyamuthu
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 21, 2022

@Gabriel Raubenheimer Thank you very much for the native change calendar. I wish this calendar is available as a gadget so that it can be used in the dashboard. I don't need to schedule the change from the dashboard, but it would be fantastic to view the change calendar from the dashboard. As of now the issue calendar available as a gadget is very basic.

Greg Ranz December 18, 2022

Can we change existing JSM projects to The ITSM "brand" that is needed to add the feature?

Greg Ranz January 20, 2023

When will these be coming to other project types? It seems to still only support IT Service Management Project type and existing projects cannot be changed over to this.  

Ralf Scheller February 2, 2023

@Gabriel Raubenheimer - we are introducing CahngeManagement in our IT. With the first tests we found the first limits or questions - and as I can see here - we are not alone...

We are missing at least these features:
- Using different colors in dependency of fields used in the Changes

- Filtering with more that the Basic-Filters, e.g. we have added a Field "Team" for coordinating the changes in different teams

- Using the ChangeCalendar outside JSM or Confluence would be great, so our Non-JSM-Agents, Stakeholders and our "End-Users" would have a possibility to see whats going on.

It would be great to have a fast imporvement with these features!

Like cbaker likes this
Chrissy Clements February 26, 2023

@Gabriel Raubenheimer, any plans to open the change calendar to licensed Jira Software users?  It would be great to offer this level of visibility to our delivery teams.

Waqar Mustafa
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 1, 2023

When will this feature be available in JSM DC?

tyler.atchley March 2, 2023

Hey  @Gabriel Raubenheimer I posted the below question to the community.  Do you have any thoughts on this topic?

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Updating-Change-Calendar-to-Show-Conflicts/qaq-p/2277681

Thanks!

Vincent Cheung March 9, 2023

@Gabriel Raubenheimer Hi, how can I restrict permission for people to create/update/delete Freeze window or Maintenance window in change calendar?

Thanks!

Vince Murphy March 16, 2023

@Gabriel Raubenheimer - while checking my JSM Change calendar earlier today, I noticed a few enhancements to the UX that I had not previously noticed. I have searched for documentation on these differences on the Atlassian site (What's New, etc.) but have come up empty. Can you assist?

The enhancements to the view of the calendar are:

1. Filter by Service moved to More Filters
  2. A generic search box is now the initial search option
    1. How does this search box function (meaning what is the criteria and which field(s) are used within the search)?
  3. There is now a List option available (right-hand side - Day, Week, Month, List). 

I do not have an issue with the enhancements, but do need to update user documentation and would like to understand how the search box functions, as well as when the enhancements rolled out.

Thanks!

-Vince Murphy

Bryce L June 15, 2023

Any way I can integrate the calendar in a JSM dashboard?  This would be really helpful during CAB review meetings.

Like # people like this
Zaldy Parian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2023

Hi @Gabriel Raubenheimer ,

Is it possible to display additional issue fields on the Change calendar? Currently, what is visible from the calendar are:

• issue key
  • summary
  • Planned start
  • Planned end

How can I add the Assignee and Status in the Change calendar view? How about custom fields?

cbaker August 21, 2023

Hi @Gabriel Raubenheimer , I posted last year about the ability to expose the change calendar to the rest of our organisation and I have found a feature request here JSM Change Calendar: Export and subscription options . It would be great if you could put some pressure on it to get it implemented as I think this might be a game changer.

Also If others would like to vote on it that would be great! JSM Change Calendar: Export and subscription options 

I am open to other options if someone has worked it out.

Cheers,

Christopher 

Arvind Sankarasubramanian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 26, 2023

@cbaker This is one of the top priorities on Change Calendar. Thank you for gathering the votes required to help with our prioritisation. 

Could you help me understand a little more, would you want non-project (JSM) users to view the change events in the calendar through subscriptions, if so - what is the level of information they would need. 

Please follow our roadmap page for new features & their releases - https://www.atlassian.com/roadmap/cloud?selectedProduct=jiraService&

Arvind Sankarasubramanian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 26, 2023

@Zaldy Parian - For status, we are looking at providing color codes, that will help visually identify change status quickly. 

Could you help me understand more, why is Assignee field important to show in your organisation? How about Reporter and other fields that are frequently used in your organisation that you may want to see in Change Calendar. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events