Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help us understand what you need from audit logs in JSM Assets!

Hello!

I’m a Product Manager with the JSM Assets team. Audit logs for JSM Assets is something we are going to be prioritising in the very near future. If you have a need for audit logs we would love to chat with you to dig deeper into questions like:

• What problems would audit logs solve for you and your organisation?
  • Who would use them and as a part of what tasks?
  • Whether they impact your ability to meet any compliance obligations?

Your input is critical! If you would be willing to give us 45 mins of your time it will help us ensure we build something truly useful to you.

You can choose an available time here. If there are no times that work for you please reach out to me at jking@atlassian.com and we will do what we can to find a suitable time.

Thanks very much!

Justin King

Product Manager, Jira Service Management

3 comments

Jimi Wikman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2023

Hi @Justin King

since assets can be used for a wide variety of things, is there any special use case you want feedback, or is it more in general?

Audit logs depend a bit on what other setups you also have, like do you log your changes and patches in the asset scheme, so you can link those, if not it would be good to have it in the audit log when configurations change.

Some events also need more logs, like for assets related to security, which can be on any level (application, data, network or even physical). It also depends on the company sector, like hospitals or airports have different needs than say someone working in fashion.

So I think the audit logs depends a lot on what information is required and what information are we already adding to our asset scheme?

Tina Maddox July 19, 2023

Hi @Justin King 

Thank you for asking!

For our company we have Engineers that work remotely at times.  Being able to audit the logs of the changes being made would be extremely helpful when training and undoing adverse changes that have been made.  Having the ability to see the logs and be able to filter by "changes made by User", "changes by date", "what Objects were changed", etc would be most helpful. As of now I can go into each individual object and look at the History but, that is a `dark tunnel of death` on time. 

When creating a progress report on the Assets that have been changed it is extremely difficult and would take me over a week to accomplish.

Does that help?

Ingo Wenke August 31, 2023

Hi @Justin King ,

we need logging oof the changed made to Asset object definitions.

While we have the history per Asset still im place, we need to know who has changed (even deleted) an Object structure itself.

Regards

Ingo

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events