cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

📣 Early access program - canned responses in Jira Service Management

36 comments

Ben Romberg - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 29, 2023

Hi @Joseph

Is there a way to insert a canned response from within the editor, e.g. by typing "/" and the first few letters of the canned response's name? I see that I can choose "Canned responses" in the / menu, but have to do at least 2 mouse clicks to actually insert a response, which is very time consuming when working a lot with canned responses.

Ideally, we should be able to insert canned responses without having to use the mouse.

Thanks!

Like • Kalin U likes this
Jan-Niklas Staffa June 2, 2023

Hello,

nice addition!

However, the canned response button does not show up when i have a comment field on a screen during a transition. Or do i have to configure something ?

2023-06-02 12_26_17-Lösung vorschlagen - Jira – Mozilla Firefox.png

Like • # people like this
Julius Zatroch June 5, 2023

As there is no Cloud migration path for this feature, we need to recreate canned responses templates manually in Jira Cloud and for every project..... Can you please add API for this, maybe we can do it with script.

Ole Treptow June 20, 2023

Hello @Joseph,

thanks for this amazing feature! It will definitely help use communicating more directly and efficient with our customers.

Like @Kalin U said, smart values would improve this feature even more. Additionaly, we would love to send different canned responses directly to different external stakeholder groups, e.g. B2B or DACH-Area. We would love to keep our customer informed easily. 

Thanks,

Ole

Nathan Dixon June 30, 2023

An agent in my project only has the 'personal' option and not 'shared' in canned responses.

Myself (org admin) and other user (admin) have the 'shared' ability - the person with it has all the same permissions as the other admin in the project.

Any ideas why he only has 'personal' option under canned responses and no 'shared' option?

### IGNORE - RESOLVED - there was an additional permission required ###

Dina Goncharenko July 11, 2023

Hello @Joseph 

Thank you so much for this feature.

I will add my vote to many others who say that for large organizations having to scroll through a ton of non-related canned responses is not feasible. We have Human Resources team, facilities team, finance team, research team, lab team, and so on. They really do not appreciate seeing canned responses from all over. Please have them filtered.

Thank you!

Richard Crampton August 15, 2023

Not being able to use this on a transition screen is a challenge...

Like • Martin Hilbig _GC Gruppe_ likes this
Dane Warner August 17, 2023

@Joseph is there a feature request for the ability to share Canned Responses globally or with groups? If so, do you mind linking it here?

Deleted user November 6, 2023

Hello !

Very helpfull but only administrator can create shared templates

It would have been perfect if I could have created permissions for the team leaders. The productivity gain is limited to this function for my administrator team

Eva

Like • Dina Goncharenko likes this
Tim
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 6, 2023

It'd be great to be able to reorder canned responses as needed. E.g. having the most used responses at the top of the list.

Like • # people like this
Florian Schmidt February 29, 2024

Hi @Joseph ,

we would really appreciate it if there is any way to mark some canned response templates as favorite.

The templates marked as favorit should be visible on top of the comment box so you can fast click the templates.

Screenshot_20240229_100334.png

Kind regards

Florian

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events