Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcing: group approvals in Jira Service Management

34 comments

Alex Janes August 10, 2021

@Jamie Schwartz Agreed. We need to see who is actually hitting approve in the audit log. Not just a quantity.

Jason D_Cruz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 11, 2021

Hi @Jamie Schwartz , During the approval process you are correct that it shows X of Y has approved. We are aiming to enhance this experience in upcoming releases.

However, after the request is either approved / declined, the comments section will show the names of the approvers and their actions - approved, declined or no response.

Like Matt Lane likes this
Muhammad Fahad
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2021

This feature is great @Jason D_Cruz but instead of e.g. 1 out of 2 approved ideally it should tell the name of the approvers.

Jason D_Cruz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 8, 2021

Hi @Muhammad Fahad , I somehow missed your comment. The names of the approvers can be viewed after the request transitions out of the status. We are working to add the approver names during the approval process.

Like # people like this
Muhammad Fahad
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2021

Appreciate your response. Looking forward to seeing this functionality in action soon. Thanks @Jason D_Cruz

Jeyhun Gayibov December 21, 2021

Hey @Jason D_Cruz , 

I like the feature also and it`s really usefull, but also as Muhammad noted it worth mentioning who are the members of approver group. 
Is there an progress/updates on it as it has been more that 3 month already?

P.S. I have tried to automate filling group members into the Approval (user picker) group, but it seems to be not so easy. If you have internal workaround (maybe by the automation?) can you please share it.

Thanks!

Tamas Karakai January 27, 2022

@Jason D_Cruz , what is interesting to me is that if the ticket is coming from customers, I DO see the approver's name and the time they approved it ON THE CUSTOMER PORTAL! So customers can know, agents cannot :)
image.png

Any updates to make this visible within Jira SM? Thank you!

Like Chrisjir Parkin likes this
Yuki Zhang July 5, 2023

Need help here , I'm trying to set up change management approval with "change approver groups" in JSM.

For critical changes, I set up as everyone has to approve, from "affected services " " change approvers". But if critical changes affect a lot of services, then there will be total of 20+ members has to approve ... which is not efficient. 

If that possible that within these 20+ members ,  if the manager 1+2+3 approves , then this request is approved and do not have to wait all the 20 members to approve ?

Thanks 

Mattia Roncallo September 28, 2023

Hi @Jason D_Cruz,
I read your post today and I need to enable approvals groups in a data center installation.

Isn't there a release of this feature on the data center yet? Is there a release schedule?

Thank you

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events