Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A new easier way to get employees into your Jira Service Management Help Centre

33 comments

Benjamin Paton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 23, 2022

Letting you all know that a complimentary feature for this one was released today. 

Allowing you to disable the creation of External Customers accounts when you are using a straight Internal Strategy.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management-articles/Use-email-domains-to-restrict-external-customer-sign-up-for-your/ba-p/2036372#M1710

Ingo Wenke May 24, 2022

Just for clarification, this is a product-setup, not a setup per project?

Benjamin Paton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2022

@Ingo Wenke that is right. These settings reside in Product Administration, and as such are decisions that impact all projects in the site.

Ingo Wenke May 25, 2022

@Benjamin Paton thank you for clarification. Looking forward to get this feature per project.

Michael Wood July 4, 2022

This does not seem  to work

I have enabled internal/use approved doamins. disabled external portal only accounts and set portal access to allow customers to create accounts but using an approved domain email address to sign up to the portal gives 'Sign up is currently unavialble'.Screenshot 2022-07-04 111502.png

Before this change was made we had internal and external allowed but although it says 'If a customer's email domain is already on approved domains, Atlassian account (internal) will take precedence.' this was not the case and all were "Portal Only" accounts

Oliver H
Atlassian Team
July 6, 2022

Hi @Michael Wood

Thanks for your comment, and thanks for sharing a screenshot of your settings, it helped me try to replicate your issue.  Unfortunately I was not able to.

The thing I can't tell from your screenshot is how you've setup your internal approved domains.  You have to enable product access for Jira Service Management for your domains (enabling access to another product won't do the trick).  You also can't require administrator approval for users from your domains.

I hope I've been able to help, but if it is still not working for you, please open a support request so that we can help you more directly.

Thanks,

Oliver

Carmen Calderon September 11, 2023

I'd like to setup customers to access Jira Service Desk, in order for me to do that must I first add them to Atlassian Access? 

Yev October 5, 2023

@Carmen CalderonYes and No depending how you set it up.

They recently released SSO for portal-only users (aka customers) - however user creation only happens when the customer actually logs in (they enter their email and hit login, SSO takes care of the rest)

Automatic User provisioning is still pending with SSO portal-only users (meaning they don't have to login the first time)

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events