Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

4 New Form Automation Components for Jira Service Management

Forms capture data. But forms don’t do the work of getting that data to the people who need it most.

We’re excited to announce that there are four new Automation components to help you take your Form game to another level:

Trigger: Form submitted

FA Forms submitted trigger.png

Condition: Forms attached

FA Forms attached condition.png

Action: Copy forms

FA Copy forms action.png

Action: Attach forms

FA Attach forms action.png

Check out the new form automation components

FA Form automation rule builder.png

You can find these new Automation components in Jira Service Management by visiting Project Settings > Automation > Create rule.

What’s next?

The form automation components are now available to 100% of Jira Service Management customers.

We’ll be updating a bunch of forms use cases here on the Community to include more automation rules. In the meantime, watch the video above for an overview of the new automation components. Then start building your new rules!

What do you think? Share your feedback!

Questions? Leave us a comment below or join the conversation in the Forms Group.

10 comments

This is awesome. Will these components be available for free or standard Jira plans?

Dave Mathijs Community Leader May 03, 2022

This is great, nice to see forms getting more integrated into JSM.

Thanks, Peter! This is going to be a huge help for our team's adoption of forms.

Looking forward to testing those new automations, thanks!
At the moment I cannot find them on my Standard and Free JSM plans.

Hana Kučerová Community Leader May 05, 2022

Thank you!

Willy G I'm New Here May 09, 2022

These are great automations! Thanks!

One thing I noticed, is the documentation says we can copy to regular Jira projects. It doesn't appear that this is possible. (I only receive JSM projects as an option) We are on Cloud.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/copy-a-form-to-another-project/

It's interesting. I'll keep it on my mind to apply it to some my projects. Many Thanks!

John M Funk Community Leader May 19, 2022

Very nice!!

Great, work! Very helpful. @Peter Preston , is a reopen form trigger on the backlog for form automations? I could really use that.

Like Peter Preston likes this

Oops! I didn't check for comments on this post. My fault everyone. 

From the top:

@Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ the automation components are available in free and standard plans

@Willy G the new forms have not rolled out to Software or Work Management projects for all users yet. Forms are available to all JSM customers. If you have a need for forms in Software or Work Management projects you might be able to get forms turned on if you contact support (but you didn't hear that from me ;) 

@Jelle Hutting we have talked about changing form states using automation, so yes this is on the backlog. I can't say when it will be addressed, though. I'll add a link to your comment on the internal ticket

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Coming Soon: Insight Changing to Assets

The 2020 acquisition of Mindville added powerful asset and configuration management capabilities to Jira Service Management in the form of Insight. Following the completion of that integration, custo...

479 views 3 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you