It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Unable to connect to Gmail for custom email address in Service Desk Project

I keep getting the error "Unfortunately JIRA couldn't connect to the mail server. Here is what the mail server said: "[AUTHENTICATIONFAILED] Invalid credentials (Failure)" Check out our troubleshooting docs for help resolving the issue." despite following all the instructions and making their changes to the email account and yet it still fails

Before anyone advises that I'm entering the wrong details I can 100% assure you that I am as when I don't enter the app specific password I get this error "Unfortunately JIRA couldn't connect to the mail server. Here is what the mail server said: "[ALERT] Application-specific password required: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833 (Failure)" Check out our troubleshooting docs for help resolving the issue."

So I know that JIRA and the Gmail account are talking but despite deletion of the app specific password and recreating it. As well as enabling less secure apps to work with the account and ensured that I approved it I still can not get JIRA and the Gmail address to connect for the project incoming email address.

I have seen the question that has previously been raised for this issue and unfortunately I can not see how the issue was resolved and require some assistance to fix this problem please

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/Unable-to-connect-to-Gmail-Google-Apps-for-custom-email-address/qaq-p/757449

4 answers

For G-Suite users - after you enable access to less-secure apps in the Admin console, you need to go to the specific Gmail account you are using, go to the Account Settings, and explicitly allow Less Secure Apps for that user. You also need to enable IMAP for that account.

For GSuite Users

1️⃣ Go to Google Account settings and enable less secure apps (https://myaccount.google.com/u/3/lesssecureapps)

2️⃣  Enable IMAP in Gmail

A support ticket has been created for this issue also JST-460515

Are there any follow ups on this? My team is having the same issue. 

The same is happening to us right now! 

same issue

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Desk

Tell us how you've implemented Change Management

Hello Community 👋, I'm a product manager at Atlassian, looking at improving change management capabilities across our products. In particular, we're looking at bridging the gap between Dev & ...

2,235 views 11 18
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you