Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Populate custom field on change of Assigned To

Vaughn Dumas June 20, 2018

Hi,

I have a Post Function on the creation of an issue that copies the Assigned To value to a custom field (which is then displayed on the customer portal).

However, I'm unable to find out how to trap the change of the Assigned To field during an update of the issue (I need to copy its value to the custom field again).

I AM able to send a notification to the user that the Assigned To has changed, but still need it on the portal.

Any pointers to where I can do this?

Vaughn

1 answer

0 votes
Qu3ntin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2018

Hi,

This is more a workaround than a good solution.

• I suppose this new assignation is happening without status transition. In this case you create a transition within the status with the same post function:
    • Assignation : In progress -> In progress
  • If the assignation happen during a transition between status, just had your post function in each transition.

The best solution would be to use the automation. However, triggers are limited.

You could create a ticket for Atlassian to add more triggers or allow us to go further in the trigger configuration.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events