Is there a way to automatically set approver based on custom field values of request? Edited

we have a custom field which is the list of our teams. is there a way to set approver of the issue based on the chosen item of the custom field.

P.S

i tried automation rules, but couldn't find SET APPROVER on action list items.

3 answers

Hi @Parham,

Like Paulo said, one solution is to use an add-on like Power Scripts. With a few lines of code, you can easily and quickly set approver based on custom field values of request.

We've put together a short 4 min video showing how to set this up and execute. We've also included the sample script we used, so you can just copy and paste to test it yourself.

Hope this helps!

Johnson

thank you Johnson, it was very helpful.

0 votes
Paulo Hennig Atlassian Team Nov 23, 2017

Hi, Parham.

Unfortunately, this is not possible to achieve without a customization or a specific 3rd party plugin that can proceed with that. But notice that it's possible to have a pre-selected list of your approvals, so if this custom field that you've mentioned is a "User Picker" type, you can navigate through your project configuration and on "Request Types", you can add this field there as hidden and an option will appear for you to set a list of users there.

I'm not sure how your workflow works exactly, but I believe you can customize it according to my statement ahead and maybe have more than 1 approval field. 

0 votes
Susan Hauth Community Champion Dec 01, 2017

Hi Parham,

I do it with a post-function script (using Scriptrunner). 

Susan

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

265 views 0 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot