Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to tag another customer from the same Organisation in JIRA SD?

Nick July 30, 2018

Hi, we have Customers A and B set up as Organisation X in JIRA SD. When Customer A raises a request in the Portal, we can tag him in the comments. All good there. However, we want to also tag Customer B in the comments, as he is from the same Organisation (i.e. the equivalent of cc'ing someone in email).

Is this scenario possible in JIRA SD? If not, what is the best workaround to perform the equivalent of cc'ing someone on a JIRA SD ticket?

Thanks in advance.

Nick

1 answer

0 votes
Raynard Rhodes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2018

I know you can simply @ someone in the comment section. Their name should come up if they're in the same org. 

Otherwise you can add someone as a participant so they can get customer-facing updates in their emails.

Nick July 31, 2018

Thanks Raynard. That was my expectation, but I couldn't @ Customer B in the comments section for a ticket created by Customer A. I've added them as a Participant too, but that didn't work either. If this works for you, then maybe it's a configuration/permission setting on my JIRA SD.

Raynard Rhodes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2018

Are you able to make the individual a reporter? The one you cannot @ in the comment section?

Nick July 31, 2018

Yes I can add him as a reporter, or a participant. Just cannot @ him in the comment section. Any idea what setting I need to change?

Raynard Rhodes
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 31, 2018

It appears it could be a browse permission issue

Check this post...

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Can-t-Mention-other-users/qaq-p/5238

Nick August 1, 2018

Many thanks Raynard!

It was the Browse User permission issue, we followed the fix in the other post and the issue is now resolved :)

Sufian Rashid October 30, 2018

Hi @Raynard Rhodes-

I followed your link on browse permission issue; but i couldn't find the jira-users group in permissions. I am using service desk cloud.

I see the jira users divided based upon different Jira applications as shown in screenshot below.

add permission.png 

All of these jira users groups already have 'browse users and groups'  permission (as shown in screenshot below).

Browse users and groups.PNG

However I am still unable to mention other customers within the same organization in comments.

Can you or anyone let me know what could be the issue in my case?

Raynard Rhodes
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2018

@Sufian Rashid 

I'm unsure how it looks for cloud, but I have server. There is a Browse Project permission for server that allows a user to be mentioned in Project Settings.

jira.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events