How can I remove portal-only customers from a specific project/portal?

I have 15 different projects on our service desk portal for various departments in our organization, and I'm trying to restrict who can submit requests to those projects by removing the organizations from the projects I don't want them to have access to.

However, once I remove an organization, the individual users show up on the customer list, and there's no option to remove the individual customers.

I feel like the answer is probably obvious, but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

3 answers

Hello Heather, 

I have the same problem as your, right now I am creating a fake organization and putting there my customers because you can delete them if they are inside an organization.

Hope Atlassian solves this soon.

Regads

Are they in the Service Desk Customers Role?

They are not, they're portal-only customers.

Won't that delete the user's account, entirely, though? I only want to remove them from one project.

Hmm, I actually identified a similar scenario in one of my projects. I am digging further into it to see if I can find an answer.

Edit: Are you on cloud or server?

If you do click the Manage User link, do you see a button in the upper right that says "Convert to Atlassian account"?

0 vote
Susan Hauth Community Champion Aug 04, 2017

What about in the users and roles - service desk customers role.  Is the user in that role? 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Emilee Spencer
Published yesterday in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: DeepAffects

Hello Atlassian Community! My name is Emilee, and I’m a Product Marketing Manager for the Marketplace team. Starting with this post, I'm kicking off a monthly series of Spotlights to highlight Ma...

35 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot